Our Dental Services
We are now providing new state of the art advanced BUFFERED ANESTHETIC.
- Reduced injection pain
- Works quicker
- More predictable anesthesia
- Increased depth of anesthesia
From routine cleanings and fillings to bruxism devices, Paul David Epstein, D.M.D. & Associates is equipped to handle all your dental needs to help you maintain healthy teeth. To help you understand your options, we’ve included descriptions of some of our leading services on this page.
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Epstein at your initial dental visit. The comprehensive exam includes:
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
Professional Dental Cleaning: Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are performed by Certified Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will include a periodic dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: Removes stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during toothbrushing and scaling.
Dental X-Rays: Dental radiographs (x-rays) are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools that provide valuable information not visible during a regular dental exam. X-rays are a necessary part of the diagnostic process, and not to use them could lead to undiagnosed disease. Without an X-ray of the whole tooth, and supporting bone and gum tissues, there is no real way to detect infection or pathology that requires attention.
Our office use the new state of the art DIGITAL DENTAL x-rays.
Dental x-rays may reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts.
- Bone loss.
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
- Decay between the teeth.
- Developmental abnormalities.
- Poor tooth and root positions.
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line.
Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage can save you time, money, unnecessary discomfit, and your teeth.
Are dental x-rays safe?
In our office we use digital radiography which allows us to take X-rays using 50-70% less radiation versus conventional X-rays. Coupled with computer monitoring, digital x-ray technology allows us to enhance the images for better diagnosis of any dental concerns.
How often should dental x-rays be taken?
The need for dental x-rays depends on each patient's individual dental health needs. Your dentist and dental hygienist will recommend necessary x-rays based on the review of your medical and dental history, dental exam, signs and symptoms, age consideration, and risk for disease.
A full mouth series of dental x-rays is recommended for new patients unless the patient has current x-rays from a previous dental office. A full series is usually good for three to five years. Bite-wing x-rays (x-rays of top and bottom teeth biting together) are taken at recall (check-up) visits and are recommended once a year to detect new dental problems.
Services we offer include:
- Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Cosmetic Dentistry, to rejuvenate your smile
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Fillings, to make your teeth strong and healthy again
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Treatment, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- Fluoride Treatment, to help strengthen teeth to prevent decay
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
- Sleep Apnea, oral appliances to eliminate or decrease sleep apnea and snoring
- Sports Guards for Children and Adults, protects teeth, tongue, lips and cushions jaw during athletic practice and games
- Nitrous Oxide, relaxation analgesia
- Veneers for reshaping and rebuilding chipped, cracked, or damaged teeth